Newman Catholic College Receive a Glowing Ofsted Report
Newman Catholic College, an all-boys Catholic School with mixed sixth form, in Harlesden Road, has again been graded as a “Good” school by Ofsted.
The inspection took place on 15th November 2016, and follows a previous inspection in 2011.
The inspection report has now been published, and it highlights the excellent progress made by students, the continued improvements of the school, led by Mr Coyle and the leadership team.
Some selected quotes are copied below:
- “The ‘Newman Values’ permeate throughout the school and you have created a harmonious and diverse learning community that truly celebrates differences.”
- “A harmonious and diverse learning community that truly celebrates differences.”
- “…a multi-faith community that promotes an ethos of tolerance and care amongst all children and staff within the parameters of a Catholic education.”
- “Superb staff and pupil relationships across the school ensure that the atmosphere is calm and purposeful.”
- “Pupils socialise together across all year groups and are very proud of their school. They are routinely polite and courteous and show respect and understanding towards their differing cultures and faiths. Staff encourage pupils to celebrate their differences while learning how to be model citizens and thrive in modern Britain.”
- “Pupils enjoy coming to school and attend regularly.”
- (The school has) “…made notable improvements to the quality of education provided to the young people in your care.”
Headteacher Daniel Coyle says…
“ This is a fabulous place in which to be a Head teacher. The staff are amazing and the students simply wonderful. The last few years have seen major improvements in all areas of school life. We are incredibly ambitious for this institution and determined to further enhance the quality of education on offer in the years ahead."