NCC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update from Mr Coyle
School open as normal
A message from Mr Coyle
Dear Parents / Guardians
I write once again to remind you that school is open . We are following the advice of the U.K. government and for now it is business as usual . We are however making plans to ensure that pupils can work via computer or through other means.
I will let you know if this situation changes.
Best wishes to you all at this difficult time.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
There are general principles anyone can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- washing your hands often - with soap and water, or use alcohol sanitiser if handwashing facilities are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport
- covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in a bin. Catch it, bin it, kill it.
- people who feel unwell should stay at home and should not attend work or any education or childcare setting
- pupils, students, staff and visitors should wash their hands:
- before leaving home
- on arrival at school
- after using the toilet
- after breaks and sporting activities
- before food preparation
- before eating any food, including snacks
- before leaving school
- use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Latest information and advice can also be found at:
The Department for Education has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents, carers and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687